ID Cards
ID Cards

The Alpena CRTC offers ID Card Services for members of the military, retirees and members of their families . Please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.

Our ID Card center is available by Appointment Only .
Monday-Friday  8:30-3:30

To Schedule an ID Card Appointment Online:


Call the Pass and ID Office at (989) 354-6370

Please allow approximately 30 minutes for your appointment with us.

Completing the process to receive a new ID Card is relatively simple.

Please follow these general guidelines to assist in the process:

  • New ID Cards cannot be issued more than 60 days prior to the expiration of your current card.
  • If you have recently married and your new spouse needs an ID Card, your new spouse will need to bring the Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and Driver's License with them at their appointment. 
  • If you are a widow and the death of your spouse has not been reported to DEERS, you will need to have the Death Certificate with you at your appointment.
  • When you turn 65 you are eligible for Medicare and you are required to get a new ID card.  You will need to have your Medicare Insurance Card with you as well as a primary and secondary form of ID (i.e., current military or dependent ID, driver's license, state ID, etc.) at the time of your appointment..
  • If you need an ID card for a dependent you will need the following:
    • New dependents (children) will need to provide a Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
    • Dependents who are 18 years of age or older will need to provide a picture ID
  • For all ID Card renewals, you are required to present two methods of identification with at least one card providing a photo.
    • Driver's License (Picture)
    • Passport (Picture)
    • State Identification Card (Picture)
    • Social Security Card
    • Birth Certificate